Monday, July 5

Hello

It's me, Loulou.

Aps has already blogged about mid-term breaking and what not so I'm going to be self-indulgent and once again blog about what's going on in my nerve connecting to another nerve brain. First of all, there's school-a complicated place, nothing like the adorable nests that 'the selby' capture and write about. It is a place where I can loathe one second and adore the next. What keeps me marching through (as cliched as it sounds) is what that crazy ol' Einstein said about it, how, 'Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.' At school I have to constantly remind myself when I receive grades that fall below expectations; it's a learning experience. The whole idea that success is 99% failure also lives within me everyday-by living with that life becomes a whole lot more adventurous and that much more rewarding.

There's relationships too and they often seem like some sort of objectivity oil has leaked onto an ocean of subjectivity but bien entendu we need them, as Woody Allen (as Alvy Singer) said in his famous ending monologue for 'Annie Hall', "I thought of that old joke, y'know, the, this guy goes to a psychiatrist and says, "Doc, my brother's crazy; he thinks he's a chicken." And, uh, the doctor says, "Well, why don't you turn him in?" The guy says, "I would, but I need the eggs." Well, I guess that's pretty much now how I feel about relationships; y'know, they're totally irrational, and crazy, and absurd, and... but, uh, I guess we keep goin' through it because, uh, most of us... need the eggs." Is it a risk to rely on Woody Allen for life advice? This personal identification through relationships is evident in this sweet/disturbing/beautiful/questionable and a tad (un)recent film, 'Water Lillies'




The future has a bit of a grasp on my mind too. I move out next year to the other side of the country and I'm trying to not let it get to me. Becoming a real life person is a bit of a shocking idea and will require my independence and personal strength to be bought forward. I mean, take Harry Potter who is tested constantly while at Hogwarts due to the fact he's the chosen one and all-okay, I'm not this 'chosen' one but that doesn't mean I won't have my own mini Death Eaters to defeat and maybe I will also have a few run-ins with a metaphorical Voldermort? It's times like these that I wish I could have a beautiful Dior crafted wand and witness a sensational magic (soaked in some computer programmed special effects). In saying that, it may be true that I don't have this 'physical' wand-but I have a mind and I guess that is my very own wand-actually human thought is the individuals wand. And perhaps the power that I can find in my metaphorical wand can produce real things way beyond something found in a wizard and witch infested land.
As you (the not-so-present-reader) could guess tribulations are saturating me as I reach the first time in my life where I will be making my own vital decisions. It is this kind of biting maturity that makes me thankful for dreamers. At a dinner party I went to with Aps last night we watched 'The Science of Sleep' a film about the sometimes unclear distinctions between reality and dreaming; do both or neither truly exist? It was absofrockinlutely gorgeous and I just loved the stop motion.




So this was a bit of an example of when some neurons communicate to other neurons through synaptic connections in my cerebral cortex...nothing much I guess ;) Humans are such neurons. (Maybe what goes on inside our brains potentially represents our social interactions!)

Anyway-if you've got to here have a brilliant morning, evening, afternoon and night.

Stay dreaming.

XX
Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us your thoughts! xx