Tuesday, July 20

thoughts




two photos from the weekend; i'm using these as a reference for painting the hand form. i haven't painted properly in a year or something, so i'm feeling myself lacking in experience compared to everyone else in my art class. i think i used to be quite good, but looking back at my work which i thought was fantastic at the time, in reality, isn't really. there's this girl who sits next to me in my painting class whose work is always interesting,  always new, and at the moment is doing paintings of abstract cows, anatomy etc,  with reference to Damien Hirst's work. today she showed me some images she printed off as inspiration - girls dressed in pieces of bacon and slices of meat. me? at the moment i'm painting hands.

damien hirst's The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living 1992

aps

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us your thoughts! xx