Thursday, March 31

hideout at gemstone beach



Gemstone Beach is in Orepuki, which is a small town at the very bottom of the South Island. Colourful stones are scattered along the beach. Its tiny cliff faces are like clay and are filled with people's names and messages. Jutting out onto the beach is a large mound that seems to be sculpted around a hidden cabin. When peering into a hole and discovering the home, I began to feel like I was being watched. Is this home abandoned? Or is it still occupied, by whom and why? I wish I could have gone inside...but the last time I photographed what looked like an abandoned caravan in the middle of nowhere I was chased down a road by a shirtless man whose beard twisted down to his waist. I'm still recovering.

xx
Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave us your thoughts! xx